2022 GMC Canyon
Showcasing excellent craftsmanship, the new 2022 GMC Canyon offers superior functionality, performance, reliability and comfort. The 2022 Canyon also embraces captivating exterior and interior design. The 20-inch diamond-cut machined aluminum wheels and the 18-inch black-painted wheels enhance the assertive stance of the midsize pickup truck. The Denali trim of the midsize pickup truck speaks luxury and promises maximum thrills during on- and off-road adventures.
Browse through the Budds’ Chev website to know more about the advanced features of the GMC Canyon. You can also visit our showroom in Oakville to learn about other GMC vehicles from highly-trained product specialists.
Superior Exterior Design
The 2022 Canyon embraces redesigned modern grille on the Denali trim. The 5-inch Chrome Assist Steps add effortlessly to its handsome exterior design. The 2022 Canyon AT4 adopts a black chrome grille with red recovery hooks to elevate its aesthetic appeal. Goodyear® Wrangler 31-inch Duratrac® tires offer impressive off-road performance.
To enhance the aesthetic appearance, the 2022 Canyon comes with LED signature headlights and LED fog lights that illuminate your path during gloomy or dark road conditions. Along with increasing visibility, these lights also complement the sophisticated look of the midsize truck.
Cargo Bed Utility
The 2022 Canyon’s cargo comes with impeccable features, including upper tie-downs, a spray-on bedliner and a lower tailgate with a remote locking option to ensure maximum convenience. The non-skid surface keeps your belongings in place to avoid potential damage.
|Extended Cab, Short Bed Length (mm/in)||1,880 / 74.0||--||--||--|
|Extended Cab, Long Bed Length (mm/in)||1,880 / 74.0(2WD or 4WD)||1,880 / 74.0(2WD )||--||--|
|Crew Cab, Short Bed Length (mm/in)||1,567 / 61.7 (2WD)||1,567 / 61.7 (2WD or 4WD)||1,567 / 61.7||1,567 / 61.7|
|Crew Cab, Long Bed Length (mm/in)||--||1,880 / 74.0 (4WD)||1,880 / 74.0||1,880 / 74.0|
Ample Passenger and Storage Space
The 2022 GMC Canyon comfortably accommodates up to five passengers. You get ample space to relax and enjoy your road trip. A rear-folding spilt bench provides additional under-seat storage to keep your belongings. The midsize truck features a large center console that allows you to keep your coins, charger and keys handy.
Quiet Interior Space
Owners get maximum noise cancellation with an inlaid door design, shear-style body mounts, and a triple door seal. Available liquid-applied sound deadener provides comfortable and quiet interior space.
Elevation Premium Package
You can upgrade the interior features and design of your Canyon Elevation with the Elevation Premium package. Some of the key features of the Elevation Premium Package include:
- Heating steering wheel
- Jet Black leather-appointed front seating
- Heated driver and front passenger seats
- Power driver lumbar control seat adjuster
|Dimensions:||2022 GMC Canyon (Extended Cab)||2022 GMC Canyon (Crew Cab)|
|Headroom (mm) - front/rear||1,052 / 932||1,052 / 973|
|Legroom (mm) - front/rear||1,143 / 727||1,143 / 909|
|Shoulder Room (mm) - front/rear||1,460 / 1,455||1,460 / 1,427|
|Hip Room (mm) - front/rear||1,396 / 1,327||1,397 /1,354|
Performance & Capability
Versatile Engine Performance
GMC is offering all that you need to have in a pickup truck with impeccable design and performance features installed in the 2022 Canyon. It’s standard 2.5-litre, I4 gas engine delivers stunning off-road capabilities with 200 horsepower and 191 pound-feet of torque. You can also opt for the 3.6-litre, V-6 and 2.8-litre Duramax turbo-diesel engine.
Exceptional Capable Features
The GMC Canyon is equipped with impressive capability features that ensure safety and smooth off-road experience. Available features include
- Off Advanced Hill Descent Control System: When driving across adverse terrains, the off-advanced hill descent control system ensures a smooth driving experience by using an anti-lock braking system.
- Automatic Locking Rear Differential: This feature improves traction by delivering power through locking the rear wheels. It ensures safety while driving across slippery roads or uneven surfaces.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller & Diesel Exhaust Brake: It provides maximum control of the trailer brakes while pulling a trailer down the hill. A built-in system reduces the impact of continuous braking to ensure great traction.
|Specifications||2.5L I4 Gas||3.6L V6 Gas||2.8L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel|
|Maximum Trailering Capacity (kg/lbs)||1,588 / 3,500||3,175 / 7,000||3,493 / 7,700|
8-inch Infotainment System
The 2022 GMC Canyon is available with an 8-inch diagonal GMC infotainment system that provides access to different features, including navigation, audiobooks, music, weather and local traffic update. You can connect it with a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot to stay connected with the world during all your trips.
Smartphone Charging Options
Don’t worry about your smartphone running out of battery on your road trip. This midsize truck is equipped with a wireless charging mat that’s compatible with all smartphones. You can also use four USB ports to charge your devices.
Advanced Safety Features
To ensure you drive with great confidence and comfort, the GMC pickup truck is available with advanced safety features, such as
- Rear Park Assist: To help you avoid potential collision while parking, this feature provides distance alerts on the infotainment display to help you mind the gap with objects behind the pickup truck.
- Lane Departure Warning: It alerts the driver while unknowingly or unintentionally moving away from the designated lane lines.
- Tire Fill Alert: With audible horn alert and flashing turn signals, this feature alerts you to check and maintain the correct tire pressure, ensuring smooth driving.
Teen Driver Technology
Teen driver technology provides reminders and alerts to make sure new drivers are following safe driving habits. Some top-notch safety features include seat belt reminders, audio volume limit and speed limit. It comes with an active safety system that provides an in-vehicle driving report card to help parents keep track of their teen driver’s driving habits.
What’s New on the 2022 GMC Canyon?
The notable improvement in the 2022 GMC Canyon is the addition of Denali Black Edition for its luxurious Denali trim. The package allows you to upgrade the trim and add additional features, including GMC black chrome exhaust tip, premium all-weather floor liners, 5-inch black rectangular assist steps and 20-inch aluminum low gloss black wheels.
2022 GMC Canyon Trims
Elevation Standard (2WD only)Starting at $31,828*
● 18-inch black painted aluminum wheels
● Driver Alert Package
● Available LED fog lamps
● Body-colour grille surround
ElevationStarting at $40,948*
● Available Elevation Premium Package
● Bose Premium Audio System
● Driver Alert Package
● Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
AT4Starting at $42,248*
● Available 2.8-litre Duramax turbo diesel
● LED fog lamps
● Available wireless smartphone charging
● Off-road suspension package
DenaliStarting at $49,448*
● 20-inch diamond-cut machined aluminum wheels
● Heated and ventilated leather-appointed front seats
● Driver Alert Package
● 8-in. GMC infotainment system